Pages

Friday, November 5

Sisterly Chats Make Me Happy

Me, Vanya Mara (elder sister) & Nicole (younger sister)
A while ago, I had read an article about Sisters and Happiness: Understanding the Connection in The New York Times website. Based on the recent study from Brigham Young University, claims that men who have sisters are more happier than men who don't have. The research is supported by a couple other studies that were released in Britain last year. 


After reading the article, I immediately reminisce the things with my two sisters, what we talked about anything under the sun. I am the middle child and my elder sister is two years older than me and the other one is five years younger than me. When we were younger, we always fight and argue. I guess, it was part of our growing up years. 


Today, I make sure that from time to time I can talk to my sisters in a sensible way. But when I am having sisterly chats with them, it differs. It differs in the sense that when I am talking to my elder sister, we talk about life, family, personal issues and future plans. It seems that maturity comes to take in place between us. We make sure that what we talked about remains with the two of us. However, when I am having a sisterly chats with my younger sister, we are talking anything under the sun; mainly fashion, music, TV shows and etc.


I am really glad that I have these sisterly chats with them. Even though they didn't know it, deep inside me, it makes me happier because I have a healthy relationship with them. 


"If men, like women, talk more often to their sisters than to their brothers, that could explain why sisters make them happier. The interviews I conducted with women reinforced this insight. Many told me that they don't talk to their sisters about personal problems, either."




From the NYTimes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...