Pages

Tuesday, November 2

My All Souls' Day!

When I was a kid, my family used to visit our deceased loved ones during the 1st of November. We will visit first my little sister's, Marian Angel, grave here in San Mateo, Rizal. After visiting her, we will proceed to Loyola Memorial Park in Marikina City to visit my mom's maternal grandmother together with other relatives. It's like there's a reunion when we go there. 

As we grow older and gets mature, we learned that we should visit our deceased loved ones every 2nd of November, All Souls' Day! All Souls' Day commemorates our faithful departed while All Saints' Day is a solemnity celebrated on November 1 in honor of all the saints, known and unknown. 

Since 2002, we visit my my little sister's grave every 2nd of November. Today, we visit her grave again at San Mateo Public Cemetery and pray for her soul. If she's alive today, she's already 22. 


My little sister's tombstone. 

You will always be my ANGEL, Marian Angel!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...