Pages

Tuesday, March 30

Ricky Martin Confirms He Is Gay

30 March 2010 | Author: Tostitos


Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin has confirmed to his legions of fans all over the world that he is in fact gay. This was a longtime rumor that the singer won’t confirm until now.

“I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am,” he wrote on his official rickymartin.com website.

Martin was born on December 24, 1971, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to his mother, Nereida Morales, who was an accountant and his father Enrique Martín Negroni who was a psychologist. His parents divorced when he was two; his father remarried. Martin grew up in a Catholic home and was an altar boy until he joined Menudo.

Ricky Martin rose to fame as a member of the Latin American boy band Menudo, after which he became a solo artist in 1990. He is considered a major star in the world of Latin Pop and is considered to have opened the doors for some of his fellow Latin American singers.

When Martin started writing his memoirs, he realized that this was the way he could come out of the closet.

“From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time,” Martin wrote on his website.




=================
Source: http://www.thedailytribute.com/ricky-martin-confirms-he-is-gay/

2 comments:

burberry cheesecake said...

another milestone. congrats to ricky!

elijah said...

@shelley: i knerr! congrats to mother ricky! so proud of him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...